What are some of the top and most effective web traffic generation techniques? What is on page-SEO for new websites? Does on-page SEO matter for business websites? You may be having more queries to be precise. In this blog, we have cleared all the common doubts that you are looking to be answered.
In most cases, we have seen youngsters that are looking for a better career in digital marketing, want to help with digital marketing services for businesses or looking to work for their blog or own website. They all suffer to meet all the requirements of effective SEO practices to be implemented. But now you do not have to worry at all to have the top practices for on-page SEO.
On-page SEO includes its top practices like meta description, title tag, headings (H1 H2 H3 H4, and more), your website’s or a post’s URL structure, Alt text for the featured image or media, your website’s loading speed, internal linking for broad information to be provided to the visitors for a clear understanding (it can include external links as well) and peculiar thing is to have a website that fits all the devices including mobile, desktop, pad or laptop also known as the responsiveness of your website. Here you are going to explore and get the ideas you are looking to have for your organization.
Let us explore and get new insights for on-page SEO; you want to have for your website to rank on the top of SERP ( search engine results page).
What is on-page SEO?
On-page SEO is also known as on-site SEO. On-page SEO refers to some of the peculiar components that help a website to get optimized effectively. The purpose of on-page SEO is to let a website or its pages appear on the top of search engine result pages for the right appearance. When it has a good appearance; its targeted readers or the business customers of an organization will be able to know and identify the website they are looking for. This way a particular website will get to have traffic they are looking for and deliver its services with organic traffic generation.
Remember that on-page SEO is done on your website, nothing external. The best part is that you can control everything on your website. If you are doing it yourself; do not make any mistake that can lead you to work again for the same thing. The on-page SEO refers to content and HTML source code on the other side off-page refers to the links and external signals. So, practice both search engine optimization techniques. These practices can help rank a website and drive the traffic you want on your website.
Top and important practices for on-page SEO
Here are all the important practices of on-page search engine optimization (SEO). When implementing all the rules. Website owners can get the top ranking and let Google know about your website and take the same to the SERP (search engine report page). Check out all the top practices for on-page SEO we have added below.
- Implement a title tag for the web content or post you publish.
- The heading of your article matters a lot and you must work on that.
- Does your URL contain keywords or the right structure you want to have as required? Check it out now!
- Your image alt text is important to let Google know what the image is about. So, add alt text to the image you add.
- Website designing is important and it is more important to have to have a responsive website. A responsive website fits all sizes of screens whether it is open on a phone, despot, or a pad. So, check whether your website is responsive or not.
- Does your site take long to open? If yes, fit your site’s load speed.
- Internal linking into the content you are going to publish. You can add more information through internal linking with the relevant content.
- The meta description is the one that appears right below your website link when a user searches for a particular thing. Meta descriptions let a search engine like Google know what the website or its ranking post is about.
Top 09 on-page SEO techniques
If you have decided to have on-page SEO for your website. Below we have introduced you to some of the top techniques you need to implement for the top results. Please, note that all the practices added here are important; you can not walk through any of them and aspect the excellent results you want your website to have.
The title tags are all those tags that are written in HTML and through the title tag you can give a name to your webpage. The same name through the HTML tag becomes clickable and appears on the search engine result page. Every title tag must be unique and descriptive; it also seeks a short description which helps a search engine understand what the page is about. The description for the same must be in 60 characters only.
Headings are the one that shows what you are going to tell about. The supposed heading H1 will define what the post is about.
Example news heading
“How AI in Aadhaar Mitigating Bank Payment & Other Frauds?”
You need to use the focus keyword in the heading as above; “AI in Aadhaar” and the same keyword will be added to the body according to the total word count. In the body, you need to give more headings like H2 H3 H4 H5 H6. You can use the heading to H6 as a main heading’s subheading. Below we have shown you some examples of subheadings and main headings too. Check out how the experts use heading to let a search engine crawl and rank your website at the top of the search results.
This is how you can use headings for your website content while you publish it.
How have you structured your URL?
Are you aware of your URL structure? Search engines determine how important the page is for the relevant queries. The structure of your website URL must be descriptive and relevant to the page’s subject (topic). You can add a keyword you want to optimize the URL. Here is the best URL structure you must see for a better understanding you want to have for your website’s URL. check the example below for a better experience you want to have for URL structure.
See the image; having a good or bad URL structure. Follow the right one to have the effective thing you want to have for your website’s URL.
Alt text is used for images you add to your article or blog while publishing. Adding alt text to your blog or article featured or media image will help receive more information. One can understand the same as describing the image and it is for search engines to understand; can not be seen by visitors. When you have a specific, descriptive, and 125 characters description for an image; do remember that having the image optimized with relevant keywords will make the image meet search engine requirements.
Does your site load speed take more than 2 to 4 seconds?
If you are having a website and facing a bounce rate. You must check how much time your website is taking to load a page. It has been studied that 47 percent of website owners want their website to take about 2 to 4 seconds. If your website takes more than 2 to 2 seconds you will face a vast amount of bounce rate.
Once a search engine understands that your site is taking a long to load. It will put your website to penalize the slow-loading pages. Start working on your page and check what practices you need to eliminate the issues you are facing.
Internal linking is to link the relevant blog links or provide more information to the visitors and even a search engine to understand and index the same. Suppose you have written an article on a historical event. Eventually, you will need more information to provide to your visitors. In order to make the piece more concise and meet the requirements of a search engine. You can write at least 3000 words to provide information if you extend the same. It may not meet search engine requirements (SEO). Therefore, you can interlink your article to prove more information to the visitors.
The meta description is 160 characters that define what the particular content is about. Meta description must be attractive, and informative and must contain the focus keyword in it to tell the search engine to understand the same. You have seen meta descriptions while you search for relevant information while surfing. Below we have given you one of the top examples of meta description. Having a meta description for your blog website will help you too. Check how it appears and how you too can have it for your blog.
Responsiveness of your website
Do you know that over 55% of website traffic comes from mobile phones? Additionally, 92.3% of people use the internet using their mobile phone. We have studied that there are around 4.32 billion active users of mobile phones having active internet connections.
Does your website fit every screen? If not, you are delivering a bad impression on your customers or readers. Check out the responsiveness of your website for the better response for SEO you want to have for your website.
The keywords are the most searched words on search engines. You can take your example; how do you search for a particular thing on the internet? By writing a sentence with words, right? So, within the sentence, you will find a keyword.
Keyword example:- “buy a phone under 10,000”. This is a keyword that you write in a sentence to buy to get the relevant results you are looking for.
In the screenshot, you can see. They have used keywords in the subheading and the body also. So, having the best practices for SEO and stuffing keywords in a natural flow will help you rank your website and generate the traffic you want.
What is the importance of content for on-page SEO?
Content for a website is crucial. When you have unique and quality content on your website- whether you are a business website or a blog having quality and informative content will always help your readers or the customers get values they are looking for. So, consider adding value-added content.
There are various contents that one will find for them. For your better understanding, we have added the top examples for content. Check them all for a better understanding of the content for your website.
- Web content:- is for the landing page and other information purposes on a website.
- Blogs:- usually have information for new things and come up with solutions usually looking for them. Suppose you want to buy a laptop for your college use. There you will find various blogs that help you get ideas to buy the top fit for your use.
- Video:- videos are another top way to provide your customers or readers with the top information they want to have for clear and concise information. Suppose they want to buy shoes from your online store. With all the images you can also add a video to show more clearly white an online customer buys.
- Infographics:- Infographics add more information, in brief, to tell readers or the customer about the product you are going to buy.
- Quizzes:- and poles will help you get data and know the interest of your targeted audience. However, they can be used for multiple purposes.
- Podcast:- you may have seen many news websites adding a section for podcasts. The podcast is audio content for your visitors.
- Consider:- adding a whitepaper to your website content.
- Ebooks:- are informative material to provide your readers with more information. Using ebooks you can collect mail addresses to build a community for your business or blog.
- Interview:- will help your audience get information from industry experts or learning (news websites, blogs).
- You may add instructional articles to let your targeted audience be aware of particular things.
- Case studies for your clients to know about your previous work and share some insights to let your company or team know about the clients.
- Original research:- suppose you have an education-related website to help students, parents, and teachers. You can help teachers and students know about something new they want to know.
- Review:- help your business customers get ideas and know more about your previous work to the customers.
This way you will be able to organize your website and add content your customers want. Remember that you do not have to add all the points we have added above. You need to see what is relevant for the website you are looking for.
What is the difference between off-page and on-page SEO?
On-page and off-page SEO both are different things. However, both SEO practices are important for a website to rank. We have described both on-page and off-page SEO.
This will help a search engine to know about your website; while it crawls. On-page SEO involves various practices like site make creation, keyword stuffing, Google search console, and much more.
This practice helps how authoritative and popular a website is and this is done for a search engine to know about your website and build trust before a search engine feeds to a visitor.
Why is On-Page SEO Important?
Practicing on-page SEO on your website is to let a search engine know about your website and crawl it when a user searches for the particular thing which is available on your website. Additionally, page SEO is to optimize your website to meet the requirements of search engines.
Factors to consider to on-page SEO:
- Keyword research
- Internal linking
- User experience (UX)
You must understand all the factors and implement the right way for the better results you want your website to have.
Why is a user-friendly website important for on-page SEO?
This includes both front-end content and the backend HTML code for on-page SEO. A search engine algorithm tracks your website’s quality and user-friendliness.
- A search engine’s bot crawler interacts with the backend.
- On the other side, the visitors interact with the front end of your website like content, design, and navigation to go here and there easily (for the purpose of finding information).
Human psychology says that the visitors that visit your website. They interact with your website to check for relevant information. If your website attracts your visitors and lets them buy from you or stay for a long time. The same help search engine notices all things and delivers value to your website.
These are the peculiar practices everyone must implement for the top results they want for website ranking.
On-page SEO is a crucial practice to let search engines know about your website. When you practice on-page SEO you let a search engine know that your website exists on the internet with specific information or the services you provide. On-page SEO will help you optimize your website to meet the search engine algorithm like Google’s. On the other side, off-page SEO becomes important to let search engines build that you are a genuine brand on the internet as it points your website through a third party; for that you build backlinks. If you are looking for more such informative content for your website. We have talented minds to help you with the specific information you need. Comment below to ask questions you want to be cleared.